Fascia is directly enervated by neurons and affect interoception (being able to sense your body from inside) and proprioception -Without a sense of their fascia people have more eating disorders, depression, schizophrenia/ low proprioception. Fascia regulates movement speed and timing
Read this article: The Nature of Tendons and Ligaments
Here are some interesting articles, videos on tensegrity, fascia and connection.
Brooke Thomas' Liberated Body podcast - back from the BIOTENSEGRITY CONFERENCE ( also there are FasciaConferences)
BIOTENSEGRITY- THE MECHANICS OF FASCIA Stephen M. Levin Danièle-Claude Martin:
"Fascia is the fabric of the body; not the vestments, covering the corpus, but the warp and weft of the material. The other tissues, muscle and bone, liver and lung, gut and urinary, brain and endocrine, are embroidered into the fascia fabric".
- Dr. Levin's Biotensegrity YouTube channel
- Graham Scarr's Tensegrity in Biology website - More COOL info
- Tom Flemons' Intension Designs website - Great Models of Tensegrity below! https://youtu.be/N_sndY-Aqv
- cool video - Tensegritous Spine model in movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE0wGpigCBE
- Karl Loganson build a structure https://vimeo.com/101699564
Prepare your Anatomy: