Activities to deepen and revist the Skeletal information while you are embodied:
- Complete the drawings in your Anatomy Coloring book & read in your Kinesiology book and Netter.
- click here for review of upper limb & terms to describe motion - with a preview on how it then builds with the muscles!
- Take notes on your insights and questions....practice practice practice
Homework and Preparation for Organs, Ribs, Homologous:
Prepare your Anatomy:
Watch or better peruse these youtube videos on the organs and reproductive system. Choose other sources that you like - I have chosen a variety of different styles - feel free to select your preferred style for all the organs and let us all know what you have found!) Also READ in your books about the functions of each organ
Color in the sections covering the organs in the Anatomy Coloring Book - pages 104, 127, 130- 134, 142-144, 157, 158 ( if you prefer to make models or free hand draw all this instead of coloring - please do!)
- Create an ORGAN Model out of materials of your choice - knit, sew, bake, mold, draw etc.
Read: Margarita Kozhevnikova "bring your attention to the gushing flowing digestive tract"
Explore your organs - either in dance or in a regular practice you do: eating, sleeping, hugging,, yoga, washing a baby, hiking, biking, etc.
Stay connected with your folks!
through all this - follow your curiosity, make your own way, add in things that interest you........
- Investigate last months theme: Bones of the Upper and lower body , take any one piece of information and play with it further: dance, teach, have a conversation, watch children move- Make a record of this: Photos, notes, video, comments, drawings, audio of your voice....Share this experience with one of your colleagues CALL THEM or VIDEO MEET. take additional notes - Send or bring report to Somatic Body Faculty.. post some part of it online for the group.
- Partnering Lab: You will spend ONE hour receiving as well as ONE hour offering attention and support or investigation of your ideas on SPINE or Spinal Pattern with a colleague: THis may be a bodywork session, a movement exploration with may include verbal or artistic expression.
- Make at least three online posts on your page, the group page on the SBT portion of somaticbody.com ( a photo, an url, a source suggestion or a comment
- Make reports of the above sessions ( see below)
- Anatomy Coloring Book, Wynn Kapit, Lawrence M Elson, PH.D, 2013 ed.
- Atlas of the Human Body, Frank Netter, 2006 ed. or later
- Look on Alibris or Amazon (many $5 - $20)
- Your favorite Anatomy Kinesiology reference
- Trail Guide to the Body and Workbook, Andrew Biel
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, Tortora, 2011 is fine
- Sensing Feeling and Action, Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, 2012, 3rd ed. - purchase from Contact Quarterly (has many changes to first edition)