Homework and Preparation - Spine, Bones & Joints:
Prepare your Anatomy:
Watch these youtube videos covering the bones of the clavicle, scapula shoulder, arms and elbow , forearm ....then pelvis, hip joint, knee. (Choose other sources that you like and let us all know what you have found!)
Color in the sections covering these bones and joints in the Anatomy Coloring Book - pages 1 & 2 on spatial planes, page 10 on bone tissue, 17,20-23, 25-27, 29-32 , 35, and 37-39 - NOTE - No need to coloring in the ligaments, often shown on bottom of page! ( if you prefer to make models or free hand draw all this instead of coloring - please do!)
- Create a REAL or IMAGINARY Joint out of material of your choice - paper, fabric, stone, clay , pudding etc.
Explore yourbones - either in dance or in a regular practice you do: dish washing, yoga, washing a baby, hiking, biking, etc.
Stay connected with your folks!
Facebook group is there for you! - and email list
through all this - follow your curiosity, make your own way, add in things that interest you........
- Investigate last months theme: Pre-Spinal , take any one piece of information and play with it further: dance, teach, have a conversation, watch children move- Make a record of this: Photos, notes, video, comments, drawings, audio of your voice....Share this experience with one of your colleagues CALL THEM or VIDEO MEET. take additional notes - Send or bring report to Somatic Body Faculty.. post some part of it online for the group.
- Partnering Lab: You will spend ONE hour receiving as well as ONE hour offering attention and support or investigation of your ideas on SPINE or Spinal Pattern with a colleague: THis may be a bodywork session, a movement exploration with may include verbal or artistic expression.
How to get on the website:
to read only - go to SomaticBODY.com
- Anatomy Coloring Book, Wynn Kapit, Lawrence M Elson, PH.D, 2013 ed.
- Atlas of the Human Body, Frank Netter, 2006 ed. or later
- Look on Alibris or Amazon (many $5 - $20)
- Your favorite Anatomy Kinesiology reference
- Trail Guide to the Body and Workbook, Andrew Biel
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, Tortora, 2011 is fine
- Sensing Feeling and Action, Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, 2012, 3rd ed. - purchase from Contact Quarterly (has many changes to first edition)
Below is a play area for our further team work and play! you can also add images and links...soon!
SHare your own LINKS to DOCS